Saturday, July 16, 2011

I need...

. . . okay, I couldn't even finish the title. Need is definitely strong.

I REALLY, really, really want a 220v KitchenAid mixer.


Yes.

I know that even thinking the sentence "I need a KitchenAid" proves that I am a very spoiled American. And that is the truth.

However, I don't think I know how to cook/bake/do anything culinarily related without a KitchenAid.

KitchenAid Artisan 5KSM150PSEGA Green Apple 220 volt
Isn't it beautiful?

It is all I've ever known! My parents had one in their kitchen, so I grew up with it. We received one as a wedding present, so all of the years we lived in Iowa, it was my faithful kitchen companion.

Now here I find myself: smack in the middle of Germany, no KitchenAid to be found. *sniff*

Actually, that's not true. They have KitchenAid mixers here. I would just have to promise my first-born to the store to get to take one home.

So, I will make due with my trusty hand mixer. And be thankful for it :) - honestly! I know that life could be so much worse, and the fact that I can even think to pine for a KitchenAid means that I have more to be thankful for than about 90% of the world's population.

Thanks for indulging my whininess :)

Hope you're having a great day!

His,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!