Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick Update! :)

Hello everyone!!!

Yes, I am alive . . . and kicking! Imagine that! Austin and I just returned from a whirlwind trip to Colorado where we saw both his and my extended families (well, part of them at least)!

We left Wednesday night just as soon as we could get our butts in gear and get out the door after work, and pick up his parents (who went with us) at their house! We stopped in Lincoln at the CampAway campsite (which was very nice, and would have been cool to stay longer), then Thursday morning headed out to truck right along to Akron. Once there we set up our little pop-up buddy in Homer & Sandra's driveway, then Hoss and I flew out the door again heading to Denver.

We got into Denver around 4:15 in the afternoon (just as the Rockies game was ending, I know, we have impeccable timing), found a parking space that did not require our firstborn as collateral, and met up with my parents for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory :) mmmmm . . . Tom & Pam, and Steve & Bethany joined us for the first part of dinner, but they had to leave around six to go meet Pam's family at their house who were coming in for Steve's graduation. We enjoyed the enormous appetizer sampler while they ate their meal. After they left we waited around for Kindra & Arin (sp?) to get there, and when they arrived we ate the dinner portion of our meal with them. All in all a total of 4 1/2 hours (or somewhere thereabouts) was spent in that little table - I think that has to be some kind of record.

Steve & Bethany graciously put us up in their guest room on Thursday evening, so we did not have to drive back to Akron late, and the next morning, rested and refreshed, we headed back east for wedding setup.

Austin's cousin got married on Saturday in Akron, and a great time was had by all! :) Friday was spent setting up the reception hall, then at the rehearsal - followed by a yummy barbecue rehearsal dinner (my favorite kind :) - although our pizza version was very fun, and delicious as well . . . ) Saturday morning the boys went dirtbike riding and washed up the semi truck that was the bride and groom's getaway vehicle. The wedding was beautiful, with Austin's uncle Homer officiating, and we had a blast at the reception.

We took off bright and early Sunday morning in order to get back at a decent time last night because today was my first day at my new job!!!

Which is totally awesome!

I know I've left out a lot of detail, and there are no pictures (even though we took almost 200 this weekend) - I'm blogging via my ancient desktop which is very slow and laborious, and which will not accept our high-capacity SD card from the camera, so I am unable to upload any pics :S - such is life, I guess!

Hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!