Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wowza Poem

I found this poem months ago, and saved it in an un-sent e-mail. I ran across it while I was cleaning out my inbox and was struck anew by how true (and convicting) it is!

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I hope you like it, too!

3 comments:

  1. That poem is so true. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. convicting YES tis! so glad you saved it, aren't you!

    Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem is very well written and true. Sad, but true. Sometimes we need to see it again for us to be reminded.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Marcia @ frugaliousliving.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!