Monday, October 19, 2009

PPW: His Work

Book Study
The Power of A Praying Wife: His Work
Pages 49-54

Photobucket


Happy Monday, everyone!

This week we're looking at Chapter 2 of The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.

Our husbands' workis such a huge part of who they are. As Omartian puts it: "God recognizes that a man's work is a source of fulfillment to him. He says there is nothing better than for a man to 'enjoy the good of all his labor - it is the gift of God' (Ecclesiastes 3:13).

I love praying through the prayers that she has written. They are always so thorough and eloquent. My pattern is to usually pray through the prayer in the chapter we're currently studying, go back through the prayers from previous chapters, then pray about specific things that Austin and I are going through.

More great "power tools" in this chapter, and I'm going to focus on Psalm 90:17 "Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and extablish the work of our hands for us; yes, establis the work of our hands."

If you're reading and praying and memorizing along with us, and you'd like to share your thoughts on chapter two, paste your link here:


Praying for my hubby, and for you all!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!