Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Alphabetically :)

I've often thought that Thanksgiving doesn't get near enough press. Halloween ads and merchandise seem to show up earlier and earlier (like the middle of July, lol) and the Christmas hullabaloo gets revved up even before the Halloween stuff has been clearanced out! And stuck right there in the middle is poor, little Thanksgiving!

I LOVE Thanksgiving! I think it is one of the most wonderful holidays, not only because you get a couple days off work and get to spend time with your friends and family, but because it is such a wonderful reminder to slow down and thank the Lord for all of the wonderful blessings in our lives!

Hence, a fun new series is born:

One of my dear friends on Facebook (and also in real life), had a great idea about preparing our hearts for Thanksgiving! And I liked it so much that I asked her if I could borrow it for the blog, and she said yes! So here we go . . .

This year, Thanksgiving falls on the 26th of the month. Which is convenient because there are 26 letters in the alphabet! (Do you see where I'm going with this?)

Photobucket


Each day of the month, we will list the things that we are thankful for which correspond with that day's letter. Now, I know I'm a couple of days behind, so I'll get "A," "B," and "C" up shortly, then after today we'll have only one letter per day. If you'd like to play along, I'll include a MckLinky at the end of each post, so you can link to your days' lists!

I'm thankful for you :)

2 comments:

  1. I would like to do this, but post all of my A-Z Thanksgiving items in one post on Thanksgiving Day. Is that okay? I will use the button above and give you credit!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea. With this fast pace life we live in we need reminders to slow down and breath, take in the silence and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!