Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! This morning's post is going to be busy, so hold onto your hats!
Quick update on the floods - our little town is now an island (well peninsula is more correct at the moment I suppose). The only way to leave town is to head North as the highways to the East, West and South have all been closed because of flooding. They had crews sandbagging our water department (which is nearly under water) and a small town to the south of us all day yesterday, and the National Guard is here in force. I have taken many, many pictures, and will hopefully have an all-pic post up sometime this weekend.
The last we heard, they were planning on letting water out of the dam to the extent that it will raise the river by 2 feet every day for the next nine days, so we are likely to be without running water for awhile (there is no way that the sandbags at our water department will withstand a total of 18 feet more water - aren't you proud of my math skills). We continue to covet your prayers as we wait for the waters to recede! Thanks again to everyone who has been praying for us and all of the sweet comments you have left! Sorry to be a downer :)
Here are the rules for her game:
1. link back to the person who tagged you.
2. post these rules on your blog.
3. share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. tag people at the end of your entry.
Six unimportant facts about myself:
- I can touch my nose with my toes
- I would eat honey plain if I didn't feel like such a pig when I did so
- My family makes fun of the way I pronounce the words "green" and "cotton"
- I have a calendar on my office wall that is taller than I am
- I usually walk on my tippy toes (an apparent side affect of my undying love for high heels?)
- One of my shoulders is higher than the other, and the same is true, but opposite for my hips (did that make sense?)
And I am honored to have received an award from Sarah Mae at Like a warm cup of coffee!
This award is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART, much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all those bloggers and to bloggers who day by day share this space and enrich it a little more each day." ~Arte Y Pico
Thank you so much Sarah Mae! I am deeply touched that you would present me with this honor :)
I would in turn like to present the award to the following people:
- Donna at An Enchanted Cottage
- Cora at Hidden Riches from Secret Places
- Kathy at Mama's Losin' It
- Stephanie at Live.Laugh.Love.
- Staci at Staci's Heart
These women make me laugh, and cry (sometimes in the same post). They are beautiful, talented, and loads of fun! Thank you ladies for brightening my days :)
The rules for this award are as follows:
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented him/her with the award. I know it says this is a rule but I also know that not everyone likes to do this. I won't be hurt if you don't.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the award have to show the Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
That's all for now! Thanks for reading this insanely long post! :)