Sunday, August 28, 2011

Say "Hi!" Sunday II



I'm participating in Say "Hi!" Sunday hosted by Three P's in a Pod again this week! :) I like this because it's a very simple blog party, and it's a fun way to find new blog friends. It's really not complicated . . . at all . . . just hop on over, link up, visit some other links, and say, "Hi!"

I decided that on my blog, I'm going to combine this little party with a Scripture every Sunday. Because Sunday should be about rest and fellowship and worship and the Word!

This Sunday, our chaplain spoke on these verses from Romans:

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Romans 12:9-13 (NIV)


I also love the way the Message puts it:

Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.

Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
Romans 12:9-13 (MSG)


Getting ready to hit the sack! Another Monday is nearly upon us :)

<3,

1 comment:

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!