Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Multitsking post - there's a lot going on people :)

DISCLAIMER: The following post is a long, rambling, and admittedly rather random piece of blogliture. I decided to post it anyway for the following reason: I always have dozens of ideas of topics that I would love to post about. So much so that I have pages and pages of notebook paper, and lined sticky notes from work of "post ideas" that have not ever made it to the screen. And all of the below topics are things that, if I allow myself to procrastinate, may become casualties of my busy-ness. That is not to say that there is anything particularly profound in any of them, they are just things that I am excited about, or need to get off of my chest. So, in addition to a short MHR Inspiration post, I give you - my stream of conciousness. I would like to apologize in advance if it is tremendously difficult to follow. I will make every effort to prevent it from being so

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5:16 Club

I have really fallen off the wagon - big and bad. I love the concept, I love the ladies who are involved, but I also deeply love the sleeping. Oh, how I love the sleeping!

That said, I have decided to put my best foot forward on this one, and give it another try. It has often been said, or read, that any action repeated over a span of 21 days becomes a habit, so, for the next twenty-one days, I am going to endeavor to rise and shine at 5:16 on the nose.

Any prayers and/or accountability in this area would be greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring Porch/Landscaping Project

Last night after we finished our delicious supper of leftovers :P, Austin and I were in our usual spots (on the couch) enjoying our usual post-supper activity (watching television), when he suddenly got the urge to go tear up our front porch. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and it was a project we have been putting off for some time, so I joined him and we spent a fun-filled hour or so tearing up dusty outdoor carpet and rotting plywood that covered up older, more-rotted porch boards!

Photobucket

With a gorgeous weekend on the forecast, we are hoping that this weekend will consist of much more porch deconstruction, followed by the even-more-exciting re-construction, as well as (possibly - if we have time) some long-awaited landscaping!

(I am LOVING the hyphen this morning - really, i very-much am, lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

American Idol can dance, what!

Hi, my name is Katy, and I'm an addict.

I am totally in love with this season of American Idol and was happy as a clam with last night's results. When it was over, I said to Austin "I think this is the first season that I have ever totally agreed with the order of all of the vote-offs." So, kudos to you America, way to vote!

And that dance number at the beginning! Wowza! (Was I the only one who got the impression that they were lip-synching? No problem if they were because we all know that they can SANG, but it would take a LOT of breath control to dance like that and sing as well as they did, and I'm pretty sure they pre-recorded, but hey, I've been wrong before)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gotta Love This Weather

We have moved into that beautiful part of spring where the sun is out and the grass is growing and the tree are budding and the flowers are blooming! (For this weekend at least, I think it is supposed to rain all week next week, but I'll take what I can get at this point!)

You can tell we've been eskimos for too long, because the office starts clearing out at about 2:30 in the afternoon (except for those of us who are paid hourly, of course) and everyone and his brother has their motorcycle out and shined and is out soaking up the sun as quickly as humanly possible.

Our buddy Michael just purchased his first Harley, so we all engaged in a little post-work ride around the lake in the beautiful sunshine last night. I think I made it home in record time (shortened my 4 minute commute to about 2 and 1/2 - it's great when the lights/stop signs/traffic all align, lol!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer Supper Suggestions

I am starting to work on my meal plan for the month of May. Yes, I am a crazy person and I (loosely) plan our suppers for every evening of the month.

With that said, I am on the lookout for some quick and simple summery supper suggestions (I just love that alliteration :D). Any ideas would be appreciated - we're going for suppers that do not require the use of an oven, contain yumminess, and do not involve the purchasing of exotic (read "expensive") ingredients. Ready . . . GO! :) - Feel free to comment with your brilliantness, or e-mail me at katylinvw(at)yahoo dot com. If I get a lot of great recipes I will dedicate a post to sharing them with everybody! (Like how I threw in a bribe there?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MHR Inspiration #14 = Shout Out!!!!

I have made a new bloggy friend!!! Her name is Cher, and she has this brilliant blog Love, Actually Creative Ideas for Romance on a Budget.

It is absolutely adorable, and you must go and check it out as soon as you are able! Here's a blurb from her profile: "I grew up in Montana. Went to college in Utah. Recently moved to Boston, where my husband attends dental school. What began as an occasional hobby to impress my hubs has turned into an endless ambition to create romance on a budget...because every couple needs a little romance-therapy now and then!"

She has a TON of great ideas, and her site really fits in with the whole motivation behind ~ My Husband Rocks! ~ Fridays! :)

As a prompt for this week:

Include in your MHRF post one of your creative ideas for romance on a budget! We can all use a little romance from time to time, and right now is a great time to be sharing those budget ideas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this wasn't too ridiculously random! Have a terrific Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. I loved every bit of it! And LOL'd at the random tearing off of the porch. : )

    Here is my contribution to the summery supper ideas. It's called chicken dish and don't let the fact it has cabbage in it throw you. I hate cabbage but LOVE this stuff. So do the hubs and kiddo.

    One more thing...I saw on your bookshelf "Rekindled" by Tamera Alexander. Isn't that the BEST book???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy, I'm so glad you are going to try again! I always have to "try again!" :)

    Remember, it's okay if you don't get up early, just make some time in the day for Jesus. Right now, I can't get up early b/c of my baby, but I will eventually again.

    Sorry I haven't done my hubby rocks in so long...I always seem to have something going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the randomness!
    i hope i can come up with a good romance -on a budget idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh..i love it! Thanks for the shout out! I hope your followers give you some good romance ideas---I'm always looking for more! Can't wait for MHR Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they were soooooo lip syncing!!! i think they were doing it before meagan joy was voted off too, but after she got the boot they stopped. i dont know if it was her, or just the size of the group. at any rate, i'm glad someone else noticed! :)

    i'm hoping to jump on the MHR bandwagon next week.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!