Friday, August 1, 2008

Austin'$ Money Minute$ . . . ?


As you all well know by now, I think my hubby is pretty awesome. I am daily impressed by his abilities and his wisdom.

As I said here, he is wonderful with money, and I think that a lot of people would benefit from him sharing his expertise in this area. To that end, I pitched him the idea of writing a post, once or twice a month, answering questions or giving tips about how we can all be smarter with our money.


His initial reaction was that he did not really want to do this. His financial savvy is such a natural part of his thought processes that he said he just expects it to be "common knowledge," and he would hate people to feel like he was talking down to them or insulting their intelligence in any way. He also does not want to come across as being egotistical about this God-given knack. He is always the first to give God the glory for all of His wonderful blessings.


However, I pointed out to him that while these things seem obvious to him, before we started dating I looked at money in a completely different way, and I think that a lot of people out there don't realize that there are a lot of areas where they could be saving money and spending more wisely.


We decided to let you decide :) I've added a poll to the right sidebar, and we really want your absolutely honest opinions!!! Austin has said that if the majority of you vote yes, he will "guest blog" :) So, if you vote yes, and have specific questions, please be sure to leave them in the comments or e-mail them to us at hossandkatylin(at)gmail(dot)com.


You won't hurt our feelings if you vote no, but if there truly is a desire for this kind of information, I'd feel uber-selfish keeping it locked up in his beautiful head!

:)

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to get a little financial advice from a male's point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Hope you have a sweet Saturday! :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great idea. My husband is an absolute financial whiz with the income that God has blessed us with. Everyone he works with (who have about the same income) can't understand how his I stay home and we have so many "toys" and no debt (except our home at this time). So, with that said. It is obvious that there are MANY people out there who could benefit from your husband sharing his know-how. I say go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ALWAYS ready for more financial advice! Thank you for being willing, Austin!

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!