Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gi-gu-mongous Calendar How-To :)

As promised, though admittedly very late, here are the instructions for creating your very own massive wall calendar. As much as I would like to impress you all with my fabulous creative genious and tell you that I came up with this idea all by myself . . . that would be a big, fat lie. :) I came across this idea while thumbing through an issue of Cottage Living (thank you Thelma)! The link will take you to their very precise and detailed instructions.



I skipped many of the steps and eyeballed a lot. I was running out of ribbon near the end, so a lot of my bottom rows are pieced together from my scraps! I did use their numbers and day and month names - very neat and easy! I do not, however, have the cork-board base (although I think it would be very useful), I was using to tape and sticky tack for hanging all of our happenings.



Until - using ribbon, paper clips and mini binder clips - I added this new feature, inspired by The Nester:



I really like those hangy clippys :)



And no, I am not attending a baby shower on the 23rd, nor do I have a doctor's appointment on the 14th, but we did not have any "happenings" on the calendar yet, so I made some up :)




There you have it! (Aren't you proud of me? I'm already in July!??!)



Thanks for reading!

23 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! A good and pretty way to stay organized!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO doing this when we get into a house.

    Thanks for giving us a close up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome idea! It looks GREAT! :) I just need to find an empty wall to make that haha, that is quite the problem for me!!! xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking...

    Since you have such a great blog that seeks to honor God and you lead the way in bringing honor back to marriage,
    I thought I'd pass along to you a blog award!

    Stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED this on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Amanda, I also Awarded you! Check it out again!


    Also, I looove this calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SSsssssWWEeet! I absolutely LOVE this idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I've been having a ton of fun with this. I think I've had 300 or so comments today! The calendar you posted here looks awesome! I just don't think my hubby would go for something like that. Even though yours is super-fab, he'd still think it was too girly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Katy, love the little extra ribbon and clip thingy. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I wish I had a wall to put one on. LOL Maybe I'll do it in my girls room by their desk. Hmmm....

    Thanks for sharing 'how to'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Got to do it... So glad that I popped in to see this... I agree that it is perfect for the whole family.. And love your made up events! Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for posting this - I absolutley love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, I am such a planner and I la la LOVE this idea. I might just have to do this because i heart it that much!

    I wanted to pop by and say thanks for entering my giveaway the other day at Tip Junkie and for hopping over to my blog.

    I know that I am going to pull up a chair and mark this spot as a favorite!

    Hope to see you again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy Lin, You are an organized person. I can use this idea thats for sure. And I am proud of you.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, I have been waiting for this-hehe. I need to show my DIL, I think she and the girls will love it.

    Very creative.

    hugs to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice idea, Katy Lin! With my middle age eyes I need something "Gi-gu-mongous" so I can see it! :-)

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katy Lin that is absolutely fantastic! I think you did a great job eye-balling and all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for stopping by my site and leaving encouraging words. It means alot to me. And I appreciate your words during this tough time. **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a cute idea! I could use something like this to keep track of my family's schedule. I'm just not sure where I could put it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is brilliant! I'm just about to move house but will set this up when I arrive at my destination hehe :) so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!