Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Missions Matter!



Patty over at Patterings has been hosting a wonderful "Missions Matter" carnival for the past forty days to celebrate her 40th birthday and to highlight missions around the world, and as is typical, I am finally getting my post done on the final day! (I may even be too late) :)

Happy birthday Patty!

I wanted you all to know about this precious family. The Hoyt family.

Photobucket


I have known Steve and Melinda Hoyt for most of my life. Before they were married they began attending the church where my dad was the pastor, and my sister was even the flower girl in their wedding. While they were living in Colorado Springs, they had two beautiful daughters, who I got to babysit frequently, and they loved on me and my sisters all the time.

Photobucket ~ Photobucket


When Steve and Melinda made the decision to move their family to Uganda to serve with eMI, Engineering Ministries International, our church family was behind them all the way, even though we knew we would miss them.

Photobucket


They are working on the Music for Life Primary School.

Through the course of their ministry in Uganda, their adorable little family has grown. They adopted the gorgeous Janet, and are currently pursuing legal guardianship of baby Hannah.

Photobucket ~ Photobucket


They have a blog, but are unable to update it very regularly. If you would like to receive their e-mail updates, I'm sure they would be happy to add you to their mailing list. Steve's e-mail address is available in the Contact Info section of his Staff Bio page.

Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket


Please join me in praying for the Hoyt family, and for our brothers and sisters in ministry all over the world!


Be sure to check in at Patterings to see all of the other Missions Matter posts!

7 comments:

  1. What a neat bloggy carnival..
    and great pictures.. I love learning about mission work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katy Lin!! The first thing I did when I got back to my computer was check for any late entries and I'm sooooo glad you posted! I loved the pictures and learning about the Hoyts! I'll be linking to you...real soon. I just need to go finish my post and do the drawings.

    Thanks again!
    Huggles!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Awesome idea for a blog carnival! Thank you for sharing the Hoyts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I'm going to see who else joined in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you via SITS. You have such a pretty blog! And I'm so jealous that you are doing NaNoWriMo. I didn't have time this year, but just wait 'til next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure appreciate you blogging about missions. It is not spoken of much in the blog world and should be. So many people sacrifice their lives being missionaries...we should be praying for them all constantly!

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!