Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivate Me Monday!

As I mentioned in this post, I have joined the ranks of the 5AM Gals!

Sarah Mae, the illustrious founder of our little group has decided to be even more illustrious (illustriouser, I don't think that's a word) and add a meme to the fabulousness :) Motiveate Me Mondays!

The 5AM Gals (or the 5:16AM Gals as we are now know, see Sarah Mae's post here) e-mail each other on a very regular basis to encourage each other and share what we have been learning and remind each other that we are praying for each other (and that we're not alone in the bleary-eyed caffeine addict club, either, lol - j/k, it really has not been that bad!) However, Sarah Mae wanted to let you all in on the motivation as well :) - You do not have to be a memeber of the 5AM Club to participate, but let me tell you what, it is well worth the investment!

This is an escerpt from my prayer journal from last week:

This morning, I was closer to 6 by the time I crawled out of bed, but I still had a faulous time in the Word. I was reading in the book of Acts, finishing the third chapter and also chapter 4, and I am madly in love with this verse:

Acts 4:13

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

I had underlined it previously, and it struck me anew this morning. It is speaking of the Sanhedrin's reaction to Peter and John healing the crippled beggar (you remember the "walking, and leaping, and praising God" song from Sunday school). The Sanhedrin - who were actually working against the gospel message - could tell that these "ordinary men" had been with Jesus, just by the way that they spoke and acted!

I want this so badly for my life! I want the people with whom I come into contact - ESPECIALLY those who are not familiar with or opposed to the gospel message - to have no other explanation for my words an actions than that I have been with Jesus!

I am so thankful for the accountability the 5AM club has offered me, and at the risk of repeating myself, I have forever struggled with setting a specific, consistent time to spend reading the Bible and in prayer, and I think that this is exaclty what I've needed!

Thank you all for praying for me!

6 comments:

  1. It was EXACTLY what I needed too girl! Thanks for sharing that verse...I want that too! I've never noticed that before! God has been soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!

    I also struggle on a DAILY basis getting up, staying up, and being POSITIVE and not cranky throughout my day because I GOT UP! It is a very humbling experience for me - I'm so thankful I have all of you so I know I'm not going it alone!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging post! What a great challenge to live our lives in a way that people around us will know that we have been with Jesus!

    I have always struggled with finding a consistent time to spend with the Lord. It's helpful to read about other's time with the Lord, and it helps encourage me to find that time each day in my day!

    Thanks again! I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a night owl trying to find my way in this 5;00 am new world. Teens and early morning rising doesn't really match since I want to be up late with them, so we're all trying to find that happy medium of getting to bed earlier. What a blessing it has been to meet my morning with the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which is exactly why I just joined! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! This has all been a blessing for me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you! I ALWAYS read your comments, and they make my day!

Thank you!