Good morning everyone!!! Before we get to my top ten list of reasons why my fabulous husband is so very fabulous, we have some business to discuss. Don't worry. It's good business! :)
1. Last week, the idea was brought up that we should do themes or prompts for MHR every week so that those of us who are needing some direction or inspiration can have a good starting place. I for one think that this is a FABULOUS idea, so starting next Thursday (Thanksgiving day :) ) I will post be posting a link to a blog post or an article about marriage, or something marriage related, and your prompt for the following Friday. MHR has never had very stringent rules, and this is not about to become one of them. If the prompt or theme does not do anything for you - write about whatever you want! This is still just a tool for you to edify and encourage your husband, and you know him better than any of us do.
This brings me to my first request: Please comment here or e-mail me with any theme/prompt ideas that you may have. I have a few ideas - well at least the beginnings of what may possibly be ideas, but I know that you are all wonderfully creative, and I cannot wait to hear what you have up your sleeves. Please, help me! I can use all the help I can get!
2. Do not forget that we have another fabulous giveaway (courtesy of the lovely Tara waiting in the wings until we have reached 150 participants!!! As of last week we had reached 128, so we only have to have a mere 22 more before we do another giveaway!
Reqeust number two: Encourage your friends and readers to join us in building up our husbands on a weekly basis!!!
Third request: If your name does not appear on the MHR Participants blogroll, but you are participating, first of all I am terribly sorry to have missed you, but secondly please, please, please, PLEASE leave a comment, or shoot me an e-mail so I can add you!!!
I think that is all the business I have for you today. Oh, one more thing - my 100th post is coming up very shortly, so there may be a party, I don't know - at least a really cool post :)
Okay, now for the good stuff :) (I mean, I think all of it was pretty good, but come on now, I'm about to brag about the most wonderful man in the world, it does not get much better than that!)
Top Ten Reasons why Austin ROCKS!!!
1. He loves the Lord! And he lets everyone know it!
2. He takes such good care of our family!
3. He loves people, and would give you the shirt off his back, a hot meal and a place to stay after he had worked all day helping you paint your house, or put in a bathtub, or whatever other project you needed help with.
4. He is such a hard worker.
5. He is a wonderful provider, and loves to give me the things I just want, even after he has taken care of the things we need!
6. He is thankful for everything we have, and does not presume to act like he is the one who deserves the credit for it. He is always quick to give the glory to God.
7. He is very wise, and not likely to react rashly and emotionally.
8. He is a wonderful money manager, and takes that responsibility very seriously
9. He is hillariously funny, and we have so much fun together.
10. He is a total hottie!!! :)
I told you he was great!
I did not have a pre-MHR e-mail this week on Thursday, but I did come across a fabulous blog with a wonderful post about refreshing our marriages that I would like to share with you!
Refresh Your Marriage by Laura.
The post is fabulous, but you should also definitely follow the links at the end of the post to read her inspiring story, too! Laura is a member of the 5AM Club, and a wonderful woman of God!
Be sure to check in with the other ladies who are bragging on their rocking hubbies today by clicking on the "My Husband Rocks Participants" button in the left sidebar.
(if you would like to add the MHR Fridays button to your sidebar, use this code ).
<a href="http://honestandlasting.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-husband-rocks-friday.html"><img src="http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/katylinvw/mosaicmhrf.jpg"/></a>
If you're not a blogger, but still want the world to know about your amazing husband (or wife, or husband to be, or wife to be, etc.) leave a shout-out in the form of a comment! If you're unable to comment, e-mail me at katylinvw [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll add your shout out to this post!
As always, on Fridays From*me Tees will refund your shipping on any order of two or more items if you mention the great adventure and ~my husband rocks! Fridays~ in the "how did you hear about us?" section of your order form, so run on over there and check them out, too! Thank you From*me Tees!
Thanks for reading everybody! Have a fantastic weekend!